Day 5-My Perfect Piece of the Education World

Post a picture of your classroom, and describe what you see–and what you don’t see that you’d like to.
blog 1.jpgblog 2.jpg

Welcome to the room of the Most Outrageous Adventure Ever and I am the Tour Guide of this Outrageous Adventure.  
What you see-You see a space that I have designed that is for collaboration and based around the students’ needs.
Starting with the picture on the left….. You will see the smartboard and the chalkboard.  Yes I still have a chalkboard.  I love that this is an area where new meets old.  I love drawing on the chalkboard and writing the daily announcements.  To the right of the chalkboard you see my personal bulletin board.  This is where all the artwork from students and the daily schedules are located.  Under this bulletin board is the teacher/student work station.  This is one of the tables that students and I will work together. It is very common for myself and 2-3 other students to sit here and work on projects.  This is the area that I am typing this blog right now!  It is also the only computer in the room.  Continuing to the right is the desk, yes just the desk.  It hold things and it is where student sit when they need a quietly place (it technically is not my desk, I never sit in it). To the right of that is the door then the whiteboard which has it own picture below.
In both pictures you will see….. The word rope, this the where I hang the vocabulary for the unit. TABLES, you see TABLES!  Last week you would have not seen tables but I traded my desks for a fellow teachers’ tables.  I love them. Each table also has their own supply box with the materials needed for that day lessons.  This keeps them engaged in the lesson not searching for materials.
In the picture on the right…..  The bookshelf on the left is the classroom library filled with novels for the students to check out, the bookshelf on the right has National Geographics, Smithsonian and Textbook (which we have not even opened yet this year).  You also see my Twitter board.  This where students tweet out amazing things they have learned during class.  My favorite so far is “Antarctic is just a bunch of small island covered in ice. #weird”  My husband made the Twitter board, I love it!
I am most proud of the 3 pictures below….  The one is the reminder that it is Ok to F.A.I.L, the next is the Wondrous Word Wall, and the third is of the my advisory board that is only for my advisory students and the interactive notebooks binds (which yes, my awesome husband made).  I have always had warm-up books but this is the first year I took them one step further and turned them into Interactive Notebooks.

What you don’t see that I would love to see….A cart filled with Chromebooks. Instead of Warm-Ups I want my students to blog. Instead of foldable I want to my students to use Google Draw.  When watching a video no more  pencil and paper notes, MoviesNotes. It is a dream to each one of students on a Chromebook.  

I  have been teaching for over 10 years, I have worked hard to design a room for student learning and collaboration. You can see my personality in the room and see right away “I am a MIDDLE LEVEL EDUCATOR!” Currently it is perfect for me...just need those Chromebooks.  LOL

blog 5.jpgblog 3.jpg


blog 4.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts