Day 7-My #PLNBFFs

Sorry, there is going to be a blast of 4 blog posts in a row...I can not post from school (blogger is blocked) and my weekend was insanely busy.  I have written my post in Google Drive so they are complete, just going to be posted all at the same time.


Who was or is your most inspirational colleague, and why?
My inspirational colleague is not just one person but a group of people. My #PLNBFFs!  This is a diversity group of people from all over the work that I have linked up with on Twitter.  From a Director of Programs at New Global Citizens, to a Professor of Education in Iowa, to a best selling author, my PLN is a diverse group of people that inspire me to always try my best, push me to limits and encourage me to be the best the teacher I can be can.

I can count on this group of educators to guide and me help me throughout my career.  Just this past week I had a question about teaching longitude and latitude. Within minutes I had great feedback on how to design my lessons and how to move forward.   My #PLNBFFs push me and encourage me to try new things and not be afraid of failing. If I do fail, they remind it is my first attempt in learning, I need to pick myself up, brush off the dust and try it again.  Like this blog challenge, +Todd Bloch encouraged to work on this and try it out.  

Not only does this group of people inspire me in the educational field but in the personal areas as well.  Our journey is not about just our careers but about our lives as well. .  There is are family concerns, health concerns and personal trials that we support each other everyday through.  Births, deaths, struggles with children, big moves, and tears, we are there for each.  As educators we sometimes feel we have take on the world, but with #plnbffs, I know I am not alone.

Although I do not see many of my #PLNBFFs often (some I have ever met), they are very big part of my everyday life. I am so excited about the upcoming months, just learned in October I might see and spend some time with my first #plnbff, in November I will see the majority of them at #AMLE2014.  The others live close enough that a weekend lunch is totally doable...Mark,  I am looking at you!  

Thank you… +Lisa Glenn  (@educatorlisa) , +Todd Bloch  (@bloch574) , +Brooke Whitlow  (@lincolnslady96), +Dave Mulder (@d_mulder), Mark Clements  (@ednuators), +Shawn Davids  (@sdavids51), Crystal Davids (@cdavids51), +Leslie Creath  (@lesliecreath), +Chris Wejr  (@ChrisWejr), +Rick Wormeli  (@rickwromeli2), and +Dru Tomlin  (@DruTomlin_AMLE).

You are my inspiration to be the best educator I can and I know you will support me in every step I take.  

Comments

Popular Posts