Day 4-My Love

Respond: What do you love the most about teaching?
Ahh...today is a perfect day for this topic, something I need to be reminded of.  As teachers when we have days that stress us out and push us to our limits looking back at why we love teaching is needed.

I am going to be traditional/lame here but I want to be truthful.  What I love most about teaching is my students.  I love the connection that teaching middle school allows me be build with them.  I love seeing their faces light up at the moment they "got it."  I love their stories, the best ones start with "When my dad and I went to Wal-Mart." I love watching them grow, especially my advisory students. Even a former student who is 20 years old is still "my kid." Most of all I love sharing my passion with my students. My father helped me develop a love of history and everything social studies and I want to help develop the same in my students.  I love teaching social studies and believe it is the cornerstone of education.  I am passionate about my content and love seeing my students get passionate as well.  

I am not an educator because of the summers (really, it is not a vacation) or because a teaching job is the only job a person with a history degree can get.  I am an educator because of the students.  They are #1. 

Comments

Popular Posts